Search This Blog

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sunless Tanner

I've tried several self tanners that I love- even, streak-free tan that does not look orange and lasts at least a few days. I always crave a darker color and I had yet to find the self tanner that was the darkest of them all. That was until my trip to Ulta on Saturday, that is. I've used the "Dark" formulation of Sun Labs self-tanner before and I liked it, but it didn't knock my socks off. I happen to notice that they had a "Very Dark" formula, so I decided to take a gamble and snatch it up- and I'm glad I did!

I took the picture above after I'd used the product, so that's why the spout is dirty. If you click to enlarge, you can get a better sense of what color the tanner is. It leans toward an olivey-brown color which is definitely something to look for in a tanner because that means it won't leave you looking orange. I feel like the worst thing that could happen with a self tanner is that it leaves you ORANGE.

Image credit: Google.com
Not a cute look! Anyway, here's what I looked like before I applied any self tanner:


The application was really easy. I've had self tanners that dry so super quickly that you have to rub it in at lightning speeds lest you streak horribly. This one was not like that at all. It's a lotion that gives you plenty of time to blend everything evenly, I even used this on my face. While applying I noticed that it smelled exactly like CND Cuticle Oil. I know that sounds weird but they do smell exactly the same- a cherry almond scent. It's not my favorite, but it's also not a deal breaker.
As I waited for the color to develop, I wore loose fitting clothing and did notice a strong "self tanner" smell as the DHA (the active ingredient which gives you the golden brown color) reacted with my skin. I do hate the self tan smell, but I feel like the results were worth it.

This is what I looked like after letting the self tan "marinate" on my skin for about 8 hours, and after a shower:


I am really happy with the result- definitely my new favorite tanner. While I hate the self tan smell, I love the dark color I achieved after one use, the fact that its paraben-free, Sun Labs does not test on animals, and it did not rub off on my clothes. If you want a natural looking deep dark tan, this is definitely the way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment