Search This Blog

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Flattie Flat Iron

I abuse my hair like its no one's business, I admit it. Its not something I'm proud of, but it seems like I can never leave my hair alone. Perm, highlight, get sick of highlights, back to dark, need another perm, and the cycle continues. What I am great about, is hair hair- deep conditioning, Moroccan oil, all that jazz. Also, I never EVER heat style my hair.
Today though, I decided to style my hair differently for a change. I used a ton of heat protectant, but I actually straightened it. What I used was an adorable 1/2" iron- a Flattie.

teeny tiny flattie!
This flat iron is literally the smallest iron I've ever seen. Its also extremely light-weight and would be GREAT to stash in your purse, at work, locker, etc. for touch-ups or emergencies (because we all know that happens!) It's also great for taming that "chick frizz" (aka baby hairs) around the hairline. While it doesn't have any heat settings or on/off switch (you plug it in and its turns on) it does heat up rather quickly.

Here's what the ceramic plates look like up close:



If you have a a lot of hair, this iron may not be ideal for you just because it would take forever to straighten your hair. Also, as it doesn't get super duper hot, it may not be ideal for ladies who have hair that is tough to style.

I thought it gave wonderful results and for the price I paid ($12.99), I'm really happy with it.

Here's what my bangs look like after I used the Flattie to style them (easy-peasy and great results!)


I purchased this product at my local beauty supply store (I swear they love me in there!), but if you're interested, you can pick one up here.

What's your favorite way to style your hair? Are there any tools you absolutely cannot love without?

No comments:

Post a Comment