Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lancome Defincils

Since I've been having a rough week (hello midterms!) I decided to treat myself to a mascara from my stash I hadn't tried yet- Lancome Definicils. Though I've heard mixed reviews about this one, I like to try mascaras for myself because everyone's lashes have different needs. Let's take a look at how this mascara performed, shall we?

First, these are my eyelashes before any mascara.






This is what the product looks like- a very skinny, sleek tube. What I immedietely noticed was the color of the mascara. If you click the photo to enlarge it, you can see that it looks almost... silvery grey. Weird. I've heard that the black artliners aren't completely black either.
The brush is skinny and tapered at the end. It has "real" bristles (not the rubbery ones like on CG LashBlast) the bristles are not really spaced close together, which should theoretically help get more product onto the lashes for more volume.

The application for this mascara was not that great. I like my lashes voluminous and defined and I found that with Definicils, my lashes clumped together and were the farthest thing from defined. It also didn't give me much length or volume at all. Truth be told, after all that work, my lashes looked almost exactly the same as before I put the mascara on.
The picture below is after about 5 coats and I kid you not, about 15 minutes of "fixing" my lashes that were stuck together.


The verdict? All that work and time spent to make my eyelashes look meh is not worth it. Hypnose is amazing but for this one? Another one bites the dust.

Have you tried Definicils? Love it or leave it?

No comments:

Post a Comment