Search This Blog

Monday, March 26, 2012

Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow!

Today's post is about a foundation that I've been using for a few weeks. Though I love my Chanel Mat Lumiere, I wanted something that would still offer me good coverage but feel light on my skin for the warmer weather. Its also important to me to allow my skin to breathe- and Oxygen Wow! lets your skin do exactly that.

benefitcosmetics.com says:

  • broad-spectrum SPF 25 PA+++ protection
  • oil-free formula
  • natural finish
  • hydrating benefits
  • light-diffusing properties
  • available in 9 shades
  • The back of the box also claims that it has several ingredients that will prevent aging and will "plump" your skin. I love a foundation that will also benefit (no pun intended!) my skin.


    I don't know about you, but it sounds pretty good to me! At $34.00, this foundation is pretty pricey, so how does it perform for your money?
    It comes in this snazzy, clean-looking pump dispenser. I love the fact that it is packaged this way because it keeps things hygienic. I also love that the pump is easy to control; it doesn't pump out massive amounts of product which ends up being wasted.

    my color is "toasted beige"


    The foundation itself is pretty runny. I was surprised by this and couldn't help wondering if it would give me any coverage at all.
    Eep! Don't run off my hand before I snap the picture!!


    I like to apply it was a flat top kabuki brush, buffing in small, circular motions around my face. I couldn't help but like what I saw. I wouldn't call this a full coverage foundation but at one application, it offered a natural, medium-coverage look. It is also buildable so at 2-3 layers, you can achieve full coverage that does not cake up. Best of all, it still looks natural, and feels absolutely weightless. You can't really feel this on your skin which is great. I didn't notice any "plumping" effects as the company claims, but this may be more oriented toward older women or those with dry skin.

    Here's a swatch:

    
    Unblended on the left, blended on the right


    The only downside to this foundation is the wear time. I have combination skin (not excessively oily by any means) and after about 3-4 hours, my nose starts to look shiny. Unless you have very dry skin, I would definitely recommend setting Oxygen Wow! with a powder for optimal staying power. With setting, I had no issues and really enjoyed the look and feel of this foundation and I can see myself reaching for this constantly as the weather gets warmer.

    Have you tried Oxygen Wow! foundation? Do you think it lives up to its claims?

    Happy Monday all! Its going to be a great week

    No comments:

    Post a Comment