Search This Blog

Monday, March 19, 2012

Coral Lip Trend

By far, the biggest trend I've been seeing for spring is coral. With this, everything goes: makeup, clothing, accessories- coral is a gorgeous color that brightens up any look. I thought I'd kick off the week with my top 6 coral lip colors. The best part is, they are all under $10! Happy Monday! ☺

First up, is Milani's Coral Cabana. This is a pretty peachy-coral lip color that has gold shimmer to it. This is not a bright or in-your-face color, which is perfect if you aren't used to wearing a lot of color but would like to experiment with the trend.

Milani Coral Cabana

Next is Avon Liquid Lip balm in Coral Sands. Though its labeled as a liquid lip balm, to me this is more of a gloss. Its absolutely gorgeous and is more on the pink side. This would look amazing on fairer skin tones or those who want a more sheer wash of color. Coral Sands also smells AMAZING. It reminds me of summer as it has a very tropical, coconut smell. I purchased this a long time ago and did not see it on the Avon website, but there may be a few left over that Avon can track down for you if you call them

Avon Coral Sands

This next color is a matte by Revlon in Smoked Peach. I have to admit, though I love the color, I haven't had much luck with Revlon's matte formulation. They're not the typical matte and its really hard to describe because its not drying, but it feels... slippery. Also, minor point but to me, the name of this color is really unattractive. Smoked peach? Pleh...
Revlon matte Smoked Peach

From the Revlon Colorburst Gloss line comes Sunset Peach. This is a really pretty but muted peachy-coral that warms up your look. I also love the multidimensional quality the golden and pink shimmer add. I also love that this gloss is not sticky and relatively long lasting (about 3 hours on my lips). This color goes really well with a smokey eye.


Revlon colorburst Sunset Peach

Milani 3D Glitzy Glamour Gloss in Stylish. This is a more orange gloss but it does have coral, pink, and gold shimmer in it. It would also work really well layered over any coral lip color to add shimmer to it. Plus, it smells like animal crackers! Always a plus in my book.

Milani 3D Gloss Stylish


Last, but definitely not least is the LUSH Lip Tint in Chilli Tingle. In the pan it looks like a tomato red but, on the lips it packs a punch as a reddish coral. This will give you a statement lip and is a beautiful color. I have found that the LUSH lip tints tend to dry my lips out, so you'll want to apply a lip balm under this one.

Lush Lip Tint Chilli Tingle

And... *bonus*! Swatches of all the colors mentioned:


From left to right: Milani Coral Cabana, Avon Coral Sands, Revlon matte Smoked Peach, Revlon Colorburst Sunset Peach, Milani 3D Gloss Stylish, LUSH Lip Tint Chilli Tingle.

What do you think of the spring coral trend? Is this something you'd want to try? What are your favorite coral lip colors?







No comments:

Post a Comment