Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2012

Marc Anthony Dry Shampoo: An Experiment

My hair tends to get oily super quickly. Usually I can never go more than two days without washing it. When I discovered dry shampoo, it was my saving grace. Though my HG is Baptiste, I am always experimenting with new ones to see if they perform better. Today's experiment is on a new one my Marc Anthony, called 2nd day Clear Dry Shampoo.


This is what my hair looked like after 2 days of not washing- especially my bangs which tend to look piece-y and limp when dirty (apologies in advance for blurring some of the background- my space is going through some changes and is a MESS!)


As this product is clear, it does not leave a white powdery residue in the hair as other dry shampoos can. This is a plus for very dark hair which can look ashen or grey at the roots otherwise. What I like about this product is that it has a subtle scent- fresh and clean, almost citrusy which freshens the hair but dissipates in about 10-15 minutes.


The directions advise shaking the product, then spraying quick, short bursts onto roots. You should then let it sink in a minute and rub in with fingers or brush out. This is what my hair looked like after:



As you can see, my hair looks much more refreshed, fluffy, and clean. My bangs are no longer piece-y and I have some volume at the roots. I do like this dry shampoo but still prefer my Baptiste. I feel that though it does add volume, my hair feels slightly stiffer after use. Therefore you FEEL the product in your hair. Also, while it makes your hair look great for a few hours after, I begin to notice that my hair starts looking a bit greasy again which doesn't happen with my other dry shampoos.

Overall, I do like this Marc Anthony Clear Dry Shampoo but feel like it may not have what it takes to really sop up the excess oil from my hair. If your scalp doesn't get overly oily, you may end up really liking this product. I can see myself reaching for this as a styling product to achieve more volume, to refresh my hair if its slightly oily, or if I want a refresh the scent. However, when I need a top notch dry shampoo, Baptiste is still the top gun for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment