Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

NOTD Rimmel Purple Rain

Today's NOTD is a polish I bought on clearance at Rite Aid. Originally $3.99, it was on sale for 75% off so I snatched it up! The color is Rimmel's Purple Rain:



The bottle is pretty- a very sleek rectangular design. I've never tried Rimmel polishes before and I had a really good experience with this one. Purple Rain is a dark reddish purple. Unlike the Lincoln Park polishes from OPI, even though this polish is dark, you can definitely tell its a dark purple. I used 3 coats for the opacity you see here


The polish applied smoothly and evenly- no balding or streaking. (I used CND Stickey Base as a base coat) The brush was also great to work with and made it very easy for me to have clean, neat lines by the cuticle area. It reminds me of the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure polish brushes




I initially wanted to wear this polish without a topcoat, but after 20 minutes, I got a small ding on my ring finger and became a little impatient, so I gave up and applied a top coat of Seche Vite which dried the polish instantly. I really like the color and the application was great. I'm hoping this polish wears well for the win!

And last, one more picture of my mani- I realized that I never have pictures with my thumb showing... so just so you know I do have a thumb lol...




Have you tried Rimmel's polish? Love? Hate?

No comments:

Post a Comment