Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Essie Starry Starry Night Franken

Hey all! I wanted to show you a franken I created the other day. A franken is a nail polish that you mix yourself by using nail polishes you have to create a different polish. I was seriously lemming Essie Starry Starry Night after seeing it on  Scrangie's blog. It's basically small silver squarish glitter in a navy blue jelly base. Its a beautiful color and really does look like a night sky full of stars buttttttt it was limited edition and goes for a lot of money on ebay so I decided to make my own!

Thumbs up for a cool franken!
For this franken, I dumped out an old bottle of nail harder I had laying around and poured in about 3/4 of Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure in Navy Baby. For the silver glitter (the remaining 1/3 of the franken), I used a nail art polish from Sinful Colors, which was just small square silver glitters in a clear base. Though I don't have the original Essie polish, I think my first franken came close enough. The navy polish I used wasn't a jelly, so the silver glitter didn't peek through as much as I would have liked... but hey not bad for a first try!

No comments:

Post a Comment