Search This Blog

Monday, February 6, 2012

Cuticle Care

Hey everyone! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Did anyone watch the Super Bowl? Wasn't it crazy intense? Anyway, I thought I'd write a post about something that is key to a beautiful and long-lasting manicure. To me, one of the most important parts of a manicure is cuticle care. I constantly have dry-looking cuticles, especially during the cold winter months. I have a few life savers I wanted to tell you about. First up is CND Solar Oil. I keep a bottle by my nightstand because it seriously is a great product. It is the standard consistency of a cuticle oil and has a pleasant, light scent that dissipates when the product sinks into the skin. It kind of reminds me of cherry almond. I am pretty sensitive when it comes to scented products, but this one doesn't bother me as it is so light. Upon application of the oil, you can almost feel it moisturizing your cuticles, and I like that the product absorbs quickly. I massage it onto the cuticle, the nail bed, and the surrounding area as per the instructions. I use this at least once a day and have found that there is an overall improvement of the ragged roughness of my cuticles.



Next up is LUSH Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter. It comes in a pretty large pot and a little definitely goes a very long way. It is a very thick consistency, much thicker than a body butter. As you start massaging Lemony Flutter into your skin, it melts into a moisturizing formula that is a bit greasy and takes quite a while to absorb and sink in. It's also great as intense therapy for rough, dry hands. I absolutely love this product but to me, it has one downfall: the scent. It is a very STRONG lemony smell that reminds me of Ajax or Dawn- basically like a lemon fresh scented cleaning product. As amazing as it made my hands and cuticles feel, I had to give up using this product because I couldn't stomach the smell which lingers at least a whole hour after use. So if like me, you are sensitive to strongly scented products, this may not be the product for you. However, if you don't mind strong scents or enjoy lemony scents, I would absolutely recommend this product. Unfortunately, I don't have the container to show you, but this is the picture from LUSH's website:

Image credit: lushusa.com


The last product I wanted to talk to you about is Healthy Hoof Intensive Protein Treatment. It comes in a small pot which similar to Lemony Flutter, you dip in and need only a small amount for all ten fingers. What I like about this product is that it is very rich and hydrating, but not greasy.



While it doesn't absorb as quickly as the Solar Oil, it is definitely not greasy and does not have a powerful scent. I find that after using this product, my cuticles stay hydrated and neat looking, which I love. The best part, besides its benefits of course, is that it is extremely affordable. You can purchase it online from beautydeals.net for only $3.19! Plus, though the tub might look small, mine has lasted a whole year and I've just hit pan on it. Its also small enough to toss into a purse and use on the go.

In this picture you can see just how much I used up!



What are your favorite cuticle care products? Have you used any of the ones I've mentioned today?

No comments:

Post a Comment