Search This Blog

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips

So today I wanted to share with you my experience with Sally Hansen's Nail Polish Strips. After first hearing the buzz about these what seems forever ago, I was super excited to try them. My first purchase was the color Frock Star, which is made of multicolored hexagonal glitter and is along the same lines as Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday, except the glitters are all the same size. For about $10, you get 16 polish strips in different sizes, a small orange wood stick, and a small nail file with different grits to it, as well as a small set of instructions.With the wide selection of options, there is definitely something in there for everyone. So here's my experience with them.
First I prepped the nail with acetone, then as per instructions I pre-measured the strips to my nails. Then, one-by one, I peeled off the backing and protective covering of each strip and gently pressed it onto the nail. Lastly, I filed away the excess from the free edge of my nail. I found that after the nail file wore away a piece of the excess, it was much easier to carefully tear off the rest. These were the results:


Sorry the quality of the picture isn't the best, I took this picture from my phone

Here's another picture in sunlight which better shows the fabulousness of this product:

I was pleasantly surprised by the wear-time of the polish strips. I was able to wear it for a full five days before the glitter started lifting up at the edges and getting scratchy. I did not experience any chipping whatsoever. Overall, I really liked Sally Hansen's polish strips but at $10, they are way too pricey to use regularly but are great for special occasions or to pick up when they're on sale!

Have you tried the polish strips? What do you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment