Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector

I admit it. I am obsessed with highlighting products. There I said it. Some boutiques in NYC have "boutique" sections where they sell higher end products. That's why when I was browsing the Becca section, I noticed they had three liquid highlighters- Tan which leans golden bronze, Opal which is a light pink, and Pearl which is exactly that- a slightly off white with tiny silver shimmer particles. Though they were all pretty, when I swatched Pearl, the beautiful luminescent effect really stood out to me:
Unblended on the left, blended on the right
You can see from the picture that even the tiniest amount gives a beautiful, eye-catching glow. After this swatch, I could not put this product down! At $41.00, it will set you back quite a bit, but I don't have anything that delivers an effect even close to this in my collection. Here's what the packaging looks like:


Even though its expensive, you need a tiny pump which will be more than enough to (generously) highlight cheekbones, cupid's bow, brow bones, etc. Best of all, this truly lasts all day on my combination skin. The box says you can use this all over your face as a moisturizer, but that's about the one thing I would not do with this product. When used in strategic places, it makes your skin look healthy and glowing like no other, but when used all over the face, you may look super oily or like you have tons of fallout from shimmery shadow! I'm also looking forward to using this product on my collarbones and legs when the weather gets warmer!

Lastly, here's what it looks like on me:


Have you ever tried Becca highlighters? What's your fail-proof highlighter?

No comments:

Post a Comment