Search This Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Revlon Colorstay Longwear Nail Enamel

I was extremely excited when this product came out. It's marketed as a nail polish that has the longevity of gel nail polish. So... I stalked my local drugstores until I found a display at CVS (makes me sound like a creeper!). I picked up the pretty copper color, 140 "Fall Mood" and the top coat.  I was really puzzled because I did not find their base coat on the display but I later learned that the base coat didn't come with the original display. That's just weird and makes no sense to me. I really wasn't willing to order the base coat online, so I set it aside and waited for the base coat to come into stores.
I finally had a chance to do a mani and here is the verdict. I loved the color- a beautiful metallic copper that looks a lot like rose gold. Here's what the polish looks like (plus base and top coat):



Application was a breeze and the formula easy to work with. However, I noticed that it took FOREVER to dry. I used thin coats but even after an hour, I managed to mess up my nails pretty badly, which you can see a little bit of in my pinky in the picture above. also, the polish had a really strong, strange smell. I couldn't quite place my finger on it (no pun intended!), but I guess the closest way to describe it was a strong, plastic-y odor. Usually this wouldn't bother me but it actually continued to smell for a few days- until I removed it.
This is Fall Mood after 2 coats For some reason, the nails make the polish look much more orange. The way it looks in the bottle is dead-on though.



Revlon says that this nail polish will last up to 10 days however, I removed it after four. I was impressed at the fact that there was no chipping, but there was some noticeable tip wear. I tried to get a picture, but my camera wasn't picking up on it clearly. Overall, I did notice that this polish stayed on longer than most, but the strange smell really threw me off. I think I'm going to pick up another color to make up my mind about this line.

Have you tried the Revlon Colorstay Longwear Nail Enamel? What color(s) did you try and what was your experience with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment