Search This Blog

Thursday, April 19, 2012

OCC Lip Tar

I've heard so many amazing things about this product that I've seriously wanted to try it ever since OCC (Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics) became a brand. The fact that it for the most part has to be purchased online always held me back though. Unless its something I've already tried in person, I never really shop online for makeup- I feel like it takes the fun out of it! Anyway, I picked up 2 Lip Tars at IMATS, and today, I'll be reviewing "Interlace"- a nude of course!

After swatching, I liked the color so much, I seriously considered getting a backup. Honestly though, this stuff is SUPER pigmented. I really mean it when I say a little bit goes a looooonnnnggggg way.

unblended on the left, blended on the right

This is less than half a pea-sized amount and it is way more than enough for my lips. You can see from the swatch above that the tiniest amount offers great coverage and it doesn't settle into fine lines- which often happens with nude lip colors.


On my lips, it offers a completely blanked-out look. I usually really like it with a full-on smokey eye, but for everyday wear I like to add a gloss to it to give some extra dimension. Even with a gloss or balm over the top, the color doesn't migrate into fine lines and has good wear time(I'd say 2 hours with a gloss, 3-4 hours by itself.) Another cool thing about it is that though it is a matte finish, its not drying on the lips at all- its actually weirdly moisturizing.
Overall, I really recommend this product. The company has a wide range of colors and just one tube will seriously last you forever and a half. If you're interested in browsing the Lip Tars, or other OCC products, you can find them here on their website.

Have you tried anything from OCC?

No comments:

Post a Comment