Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Benefit Powderflage: A Love-Hate Relationship

The subject of today's post is a product that I've been using for years but have a definite love-hate relationship with- Benefit Powderflage. I picked this up when it first came out (and I'm still on the same container!) Before any of the HD powders came onto the market, this seemed to be the best type of powder to use under the eyes to set concealer, and anywhere else that needed brightening.

This little orb contains very finely milled light pink powder with shimmer in it.



The package also came with a little booklet with instructions and ideas about where and how to use this product. My main use for it, was to set the loads of under eye concealer I need to use to cover the dark circles under my eyes. What I liked about this powder was that because it was so finely milled, it helped the under eye area look natural and delayed the inevitable concealer creasing throughout the day. What I didn't like about it was the tone. For fairer-toned ladies, I could definitely see Powderflage being a holy grail product. For my skin tone, which is on the warmer side, the tone is just...off. While the shimmer and the lightness of the powder helped diffuse the darkness, because its a pink and not salmon-toned for example, the color just looks a bit off on me.
Here's a swatch on my hand so you get the idea:


You can see that even when used sparingly, it does have an overall brightening effect, but the color of the powder leaves a bit of an ashy tone that doesn't look quite right. Therefore, throughout the years I've gravitated toward this product and moved away from it on a pretty consistent basis lol.

Have you tried Benefit's Powderflage? Do you have any favorite powders to set your under eye concealer?

No comments:

Post a Comment