Search This Blog

Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Princess Bun

I have been absolutely obsessed with giant buns lately. Even though I secretly (well not so secretly now!) look like a boy with my hair up, I've just been loving the way big buns look. I saw this tutorial on YouTube recently and HAD to try it ASAP. Plus, if you haven't checked out LeighAnnSays yet, you totally should because she's awesome!

All you need is a hair tie and a few bobby pins. First you create a pouf in the front and secure with bobby pins. Next you use the hair tie to create a tight ponytail, but instead of bringing the hair all the way out of the hair tie, you create a "loop". Lastly you grab each end of the loop and bring them to the front so they meet- pin together. The last few steps are all about shaping and pinning to your liking. What's great about this hair style is that it does not have to be perfect to look great- perfect for a bad hair day or when you're in a mad rush!

Here's my first attempt at the "princess bun":
Aerial view!

Excuse the awful blurring of the background but my house but the background was a mess!


This is by far the easiest way to get a HUGE gorgeous bun in just about 5 minutes. I absolutely love this.

What's your go to quick and easy hair style?

No comments:

Post a Comment