Search This Blog

Monday, May 7, 2012

NOTD- Gel Manicure

Happy Monday everyone! I know, those two words seem to go together like oil and water after a weekend that completely flew by, butttt I have a NOTD for you today. As I still have my acrylics on, I did a dark plum gel mani for my sister over the weekend:



I used the CND Shellac Base Coat, the CND Shellac Top Coat, and a brand of UV gel I picked up awhile back at a beauty supply store. It's called Speedy Gel and the the color is called Plum. It was fairly inexpensive at $9.99 for the quantity you get compared to the Red Carpet gel polishes which I also love, but you get way less of. Also, the gel polish from this brand was completely opaque in just two thin coats whereas the dark colors I've tried from Red Carpet seem to have a strange jelly finish- you can never get them to be completely opaque.

What do you think about gel manicures? Have you jumped onto the band wagon yet? ت


No comments:

Post a Comment